UPDATED 6th of July 2020
We do not normally go corporate, but when it’s about our users (and EU insists), we make the solemn vow to take care of your personal data till the last day, like a king protects his kingdom from creeps.
Raw Fury values your privacy and promises to take care of the personal information we collect from you.
Personal information can be any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. In other words, it can be any information that could allow us to identify you both directly and indirectly (like for example your name, email address or billing address). In this policy, we will sometimes use the words “personal information” and sometimes the words “personal data” or simply “data” to refer to your personal information.
This policy applies to all Raw Fury products (“Product(s)”), such as Raw Fury owned websites, as well as other interactions through email communication, customer support, offline interactions at conventions, information about your technical equipment such as your hardware and software type, location data, and other information you provide us with, for example when you sign up for our surveys and contests or play some of our games.
This Policy explains which personal information we collect from you either directly or indirectly, for what reasons, how we use, store and transfer such data but also how you can contact us to ask about your data and invoke your rights.
We only collect, use, store and transfer (“process“) your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including but not limited to the (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR“) and applicable national data protection legislation (hereafter “applicable law“).
What data do we collect and when?
- When you visit our websiterawfury.com and other websites we manage (www.gonnergame.com, www.kathyraingame.com, www.sablegame.com, www.tormentorxpunisher.com, www.kingdomthegame.com, www.atomicrops.com), we track page usage, IP addresses, and information provided by Google analytics, cookies or similar technology. IP addresses help us better understand geographic information about our website visitors, so we can improve our website for all visitors. We gather this data from devices you use to connect to those Services, such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies and other internet tracking software.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter (on our website, via a game, or game giveaways on our partners’ websites), you will submit personal information (such as name, email, other information that might be provided by MailChimp such as region) and, if necessary, we will use such information to contact you via email. We use this information to share with you news about any Raw Fury Games, Raw Fury events or any Raw Fury news. We use the data stored in the registration for the newsletter exclusively for our newsletter and do not share it with third parties. If you unsubscribe from the newsletter – you will find the link in each newsletter – then we delete all email data that was saved with the registration of the newsletter.
- When you send us a pitch or contact us via customer support, social channels, emails or physical letters, we store contact information such as your name, email address, phone number, social media identifiers, and the content of your emails, chats and other communications. In certain situations, our Support team might collect details about your hardware. We collect this information to be able to reach you, provide an efficient customer support and improve the quality of our P
- When you participate in a playtest such as alpha/beta tests, we will collect with your permission your email and other contact info in order to be able to reach you. In certain cases and upon informing you, we may even collect details about your hardware. We will collect this information to be able to improve the quality of our P
- When you take part in our competitions or give away campaigns, we will collect your name and email address. If you win, we might need additional information about you depending on the specific contest, such as for example your physical address. We will, however, only collect such information with your prior
- When you apply for a job at Raw Fury, we will collect your name, address, telephone number or other information relevant to the application. Such data is saved for twelve (12) months, unless you allow us to extend such retention time.
- When you work for Raw Fury, we will collect your name, physical and email addresses, phone number and social security number. More information will be provided to all employees on their first day and upon demand.
- When you are a Raw Fury business partner, we will collect your name, professional email address, professional phone number and company in order to be able to reach you.
- When you play any of our games, we will collect retention, usage data and other gameplay behaviour analytics through third party services. Such collection does not include hardware or software information, IP address, email address, usernames, or anything else that does not have anything to do with playing the game. We collect this data in order to make Raw Fury Products better over time. Please note that our Products sometimes run in stores and applications of third parties whose privacy practices differ from Raw Fury (like for example, Steam or Tencent). If you provide personal data to any of those third parties or their Products, your data is governed by their privacy statements.
- When you play the game “Bad North” in particular, in addition to the above listed data collected in any of our games, we will collect your IP address and instance ID solely as part of the Firebase Crash Reporting process, in order to measure the number of users impacted by any specific crash in the game and to help us debug such crashes.
- When you play the game “Atomicrops” in particular, in addition to the above listed data collected in any of our games, we will collect your username, user identifier and user platform’s ID, in order to collect statistics about the game to improve user experience.
- When you create a user account in the game “Kingdom Two Crowns”, we will collect the following data: your username, email address, IP address, user and instance identifiers, and your device identifier. These data will be collected to enable you to play multiplayer if available and cross-play the game on different platforms, such as on Steam, Microsoft Xbox One and Sony PlayStation. Please note that in such instance, Microsoft Azure PlayFab will be the controller of the data collected, and Raw Fury will be the processor. You should therefore address any data request primarily to Microsoft Azure PlayFab.
- When we run marketing activities through third party services like Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager, we collect Page usage (e.g. buttons clicked, screens viewed, time spent, etc.), general demographics (language, country, city, age range, gender, interest categories), device usage and operating system. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement and we also apply any additional restrictions imposed by the source of data. These third-party sources vary over time, but include partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities. We use such data to deliver and personalize our communications with you and provide the most relevant advertising to you. Raw Fury may work with third party advertisers that utilize cookies and similar technologies to provide more relevant advertising about Raw Fury Products on our website and across the I To provide this “interest-based advertising”, these parties combine non-personal data learned about your online activities over time which helps ensure that your advertisement is customized to you. Examples of this include a display of a Raw Fury advertisement on a Facebook page, on a Google-owned page such as a search results page or YouTube, or on a site within Google’s advertising network. We do not share your personal information as part of this process. You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. Electing to opt out may make the ads you see on the internet less relevant to you. If you have opted out of receiving communications from us, we will not use your email address in this for interest-based advertising, although you may still be subject to certain interest-based advertising depending upon your browser and device settings.
Legal Grounds for processing your data
We will only use and process personal information from you for one of the following reasons:
- to fulfil a contract we have with you (for example, when you purchase a game); when it is our legal duty (for example, to identify your age and make sure we are not collecting data from young children);
- when you consent to it (for example, when subscribing to our newsletter); or
- when it is in our legitimate interest (for example, to enforce our policies, manage our everyday business, for direct marketing purposes, to ensure information security, to prevent fraud or to transfer the data to different part of the organisation when necessary).
Sharing and Disclosure
Raw Fury does not and will not sell personal information from our users. We only disclose your data strictly as stated in this policy. We may only share information with the types of third parties described below and always ensure, when sharing information, that such third parties adhere to the same principles.
To Whom We Disclose your Personal Information and Why
- Third Party Vendors that perform services such as website management and hosting, shipping, customer support applications or email communications (like for example, Microsoft Outlook, Slack, TeamTailor and Discord). In such instances, your personal information will be shared with these agents, contractors or partners but only for the purpose of performing services on behalf of Raw Fury and in accordance with this policy. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Raw Fury at any time.
- Parties with whom it might be necessary when required by law or in connection with legal proceedings; to prevent harm to Raw Fury or its customers; for the prevention and detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders; to protect the rights or property of Raw Fury.
- Parties with whom it might be necessary to complete a financial or corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
- We may also share non-personal information such as aggregated data with our investors, partners or publicly. For example, we may inform a game service about how their users have utilized Raw Fury Products on their platform, or we may share the total sales of a Raw Fury Product, or share overall game statistics with our audience.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Information
You can view, edit or delete the data we collect about you by reaching out to us directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you receive emails from us, you can always choose to stop receiving promotional emails, newsletters and other types of marketing communication from us.
You can adjust the amount of “interest- based advertising” (as described below) you receive by changing your cookie settings, changing your device settings, and/or opting out of certain advertising networks. If you have opted out of receiving emails from us, we will not use your email for interest-based advertising activities.
A “cookie” is a small data file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Sadly, such cookies are not edible. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Raw Fury uses both types of cookies. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted. We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our website and use its features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. This data may be used to help optimize our website and make it easier for you to navigate.
- Functional cookies. These cookies allow our website to remember your settings and help personalize your experience. For instance, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you the Raw Fury website localized for your area.
- Third Party cookies. Third party cookies are those placed by websites and/or parties other than Raw Fury. These cookies may be used on our website for improvement of our Products or services, or to help us provide more relevant advertising. These cookies are subject to the respective privacy policies for these external services, for example, the Facebook Data Use Policy.
- Analytics cookies. We use analytics cookies, such as those offered by Google Analytics, to help us understand things like how long a visitor stays on our website, what pages they find most useful, and how they arrived at Raw Fury.com.
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences, however, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience.
Raw Fury is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
While no service is completely secure, Raw Fury takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The servers on which your personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we collect from you, no security system is impenetrable. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Our Policy Towards Children
Raw Fury does not knowingly collect personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website, we do not intentionally collect personal information from persons under the age of sixteen. Following a notification by a parent or guardian, or discovery by other means, that we are storing data for a child under sixteen, we will delete the child’s personal information from our records.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by Raw Fury may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States or in any other country where Raw Fury or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
All information you provide may be transferred or accessed by entities around the world as described in this policy. Raw Fury uses approved Standard Contractual Clauses for the international transfers of personal information collected in the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Our Retention of Personal Data
Raw Fury retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the Services, support your Product and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs vary for different data types in the context of different Products or Services, actual retention periods vary significantly.
This Policy may change from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page and on our website and if the changes are significant, we will provide you with a more noticeable notice, like for example by email or with a pop-up in on our website.
How to Contact Us
Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions about the way we collect your data by contacting our Support department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us at email@example.com at any time if you wish to request that we erase any personal information we have related to you, to require us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to obtain a copy of your personal information.
We will also appreciate to get feedback from you if you think that this Policy or any part of it is unclear.
Unless otherwise stated, Raw Fury is a data controller for personal data we collect through the Products and Services subject to this Policy. Our address is:
RAW FURY AB
Att. Juliette Auverny-Bennetot, DPO
118 26, Stockholm, Sweden
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority where you live, work or where an alleged infringement of the GDPR or of any other applicable privacy regulation has occurred. For example, the relevant authority in Sweden is Datainspektionen (www.datainspektionen.se).
General information about privacy rights for EU residents can be found on: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection.