Slapstick Roguelite Platformer Mr. Sun’s Hatbox Out Now on Switch and Steam
Hold on to your hats! Solo developer Kenny Sun and publisher Raw Fury have released Mr. Sun’s Hatbox, the slapstick roguelite platformer nominated for “Excellence in Design” at this year’s Independent Games Festival, on Nintendo Switch and Windows PC|Mac via Steam today for $13.49 after a 10% launch discount ($14.99 before discount). The Deluxe Edition of the title, which includes the full game plus a digital copy of the OST, is also available exclusively on Steam for $16.63 after a 10% launch discount ($17.99 before discount).
When the dastardly Mr. Moon and his troublemakers steal poor Mr. Sun’s hatbox delivery, it’s up to you as an honorable courier to get that hat back! Establish your HQ, upgrade its capabilities, and recruit a crew of reformed hat thieves to set up your next ridiculous heist. Equip an array of stylish hats with unique perks to give you an edge across a variety of missions, from stealthy espionage jobs to all-out combat assaults.
Enjoy Mr. Sun’s Hatbox on your own or via local multiplayer* and Steam Remote Play Together for up to four players. Play the full campaign solo, or team up with friends in co-op for each mission. When the work is done, hop into fast-paced Deathmatch and Last One Standing PvP modes with tons of powerful hats, lasers, swords, pitchforks, cannons, rubber ducks, stale baguettes and more!
Key Game Features:
- Get Hatbox Justice: Start small and assemble a crew to take down the mischievous Mr. Moon and his cronies across a challenging variety of action-platformer missions.
- Upgrade Your HQ: Build a brig to brainwash captives, a lab to experiment on your staff, a black market to purchase illicit contraband, and more to fuel your next job!
- Recruit Your Enemies: Eliminate Mr. Moon’s minions, or capture them for your cause! Put together a team of ex-crooks with an array of unique traits to use on future missions.
- Hats – Lots of Hats: Collect over 50 hats with special properties, including Dynamite Headbands, Cardboard Boxes, Noise-Canceling Earphones and Jet Packs! Choose the best hats to complement your play style.
- Invite Friends for a Hat Party: Play together via local multiplayer and Steam Remote Play Together for up to four players! Take on each campaign mission solo or in co-op with buddies, then duke it out in Deathmatch and Last One Standing PvP modes.
- Vibrant Retro Style: Drape yourself in colorful retro pixel art design from Mr. Kenny Sun, creator of visually stylish experiences like Circa Infinity and Yankai’s Peak.