Monster-Collecting-and-Fusing RPG Cassette Beasts Hits Play April 26 on Steam, Microsoft Store & PC Game Pass on Day One
Capture unique creatures and transform into them in battle in this open-world adventure, coming Spring 2023 to Xbox Game Pass Day One, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
Cassette Beasts puts a unique spin on monster-collector RPG adventures. On the remote island of New Wirral, people can use cassette tapes to transform into strange creatures and battle. You’ll need to explore the island and record a menagerie of mighty monsters to your trusty cassette tapes to gain their abilities and find a way home!
Discover over 100 awesome monsters to collect and transform into during turn-based battles. You can even combine two creatures together to make powerful new forms with shared elemental types, stats, and move sets using Cassette Beasts’ Fusion System! Some of your opponents have this ability, too, so you’ll need to get creative to win.
Side B Features:
- Transform into Monsters…with Cassette Tapes?! Faced with the constant threat of monster attack, the residents of Harbourtown can fight fire with fire. Record a variety of special creatures, then play them back in battle to take on their forms!
- Fuse Monsters Together: Merge with your companions’ monsters to transform into unique, fully animated fusions combining the strengths of both forms! There are thousands of creature fusion combos to experiment with and discover.
- Explore a Rich Open World: Some monster abilities can be used in human form, which you’ll need to get around, solve puzzles, and more. Glide, fly, swim, climb, dash or turn magnetic in a colorful land brought to life with beautifully crafted monsters, ‘80s vibes and a synthy soundtrack!
- Master a Deep Battle System: Use elemental chemistry to apply advantageous buffs or debuffs with your attacks, or even alter your opponent’s elemental type.
- Travel with a Diverse Cast of Companions: Never fight alone! Forge bonds with your partners and help them complete personal goals to become a better team. The strength of your relationship determines how well you’re able to fuse!
- Play Couch Co-op with Friends: Team up in local multiplayer for up to two players. Explore the open world, transform and battle together as a duo!
Cassette Beasts is available to wishlist now on Steam and the demo is playable now on Steam and Microsoft Store. For more info, visit www.CassetteBeasts.com, follow the team on Twitter, and join the official Discord for the latest updates.