Kathy Rain: Directors Cut
Set in the 90’s, Kathy Rain tells the story of a strong-willed journalism major who must come to terms with her troubled past as she investigates the mysterious death of her recently departed grandfather.
“Conwell Springs. I never thought I’d return to this place…”
Armed with her motorcycle, a pack of cigs, and a notepad, Kathy delves into a local mystery surrounding her hometown that will take her on a harrowing journey of emotional and personal turmoil.
“I … feel strange. Am I dreaming?”
As she follows the trail of clues left by her grandfather, questions emerge: What was Joseph Rain really looking for that night all those years ago? What turned him into a mere shell of a man, confined to a wheelchair? What secret did a suicidal young artist take with her to the grave, and why are so many people in Conwell Springs going mad? The truth is dark, sinister, and yours to uncover…
- Compelling narrative with an eerie plot set in the 90’s
- Gorgeous low res pixel art
- 40+ hand-drawn environments
- 4,000+ lines of fully-voiced dialogue
- English voice acting directed by Wadjet Eye Games’ Dave Gilbert
- Atmospheric original soundtrack
Director’s Cut features:
- Extended storyline with a prolonged ending, hundreds of lines of additional dialogue, and multiple new areas to explore.
- Added several new major puzzle chains along with many small additions and tweaks of existing puzzles.
- Enlarged all game environments to fill up the entire screen in widescreen resolutions without any black bars on the sides.
- Made countless visual improvements, such as more character animations, better lighting/shadows and extra weather effects.
- Streamlined the mouse controls with an intuitive single click interface.
- Controller support done right. Lean back in your chair and take smooth direct control of Kathy, with no messy cursor getting in the way.
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack by the original composer, Daniel Kobylarz.
- Five brand new motorcycle designs to unlock and customize the Katmobile with.